Friday, May 11, 2007

Should I End It With A Married Man?

QUESTION:

I’ve been dating a married but separated man for over 6 months. When we first met he was separated from his wife of 8 years for 2 months. We really connected and enjoy dating each other. I’m taking it slow due to the circumstances. He has made no effort to file for divorce or even move his wife’s things out. She does not know of me and she wants to work things out with him-he does not. I know he cares a lot for me but I don’t want to be a rebound. Should I end it?

ANSWER:

Ughhh! What is it with you women who date married men? Aren’t there enough single men to go around? How would you feel if you were separated and wanted to reunite with your husband but he was doing (oops, I mean dating) someone else? People that are married should be left alone to either work things out or go their separate ways without third parties (that would be you) interfering.

Let’s look at the facts: He hasn’t filed for divorce, he hasn’t moved out his wife’s belongings, and he hasn’t told his wife about you. Sounds to me like he just wanted to take a break from being married for a while. He wanted to pretend he was single again, knowing that he could go back to his wife when he was ready. Should you end it? Hell yeah!

No comments: