Tuesday, April 24, 2007

How Long Is The "Rebound" Period?

QUESTION:

How long is the "rebound" period?? I mean, how long does it usually take before a person can see someone else again seriously?

ANSWER:

I once read that for every year one is in a relationship, it takes two months to get over it. However, it once took me four months to get over someone I’d only gone out with for two months, so I don’t think there’s a formula. It depends on how deep your feelings for the person were, at what point the break up occurred and who initiated the breakup. Often people leave a relationship mentally and emotionally before they leave physically. This is why sometimes people can jump into another situation right away and it works out. I’d say: Let your feelings be your guide. Don’t rush it. Your heart will tell you when it’s ready to open up again.

No comments: